ATC Fun: White Rabbit





I posted last year about participating in Grumbacher Official Fan Page artist trading card exchanges. HERE is the last one I posted. I did a couple since then but it appears I neglected to blog about it (things were going on… pain meds, etc.) and I haven’t done ATC’s since I blame arthritis mostly along with work and life things. I haven’t been doing much artwork and I miss it. (Have been focusing on photography instead).


So this time I decided to get back in. It was easy to come up with ideas for the theme, ‘Song Title Interpretation,’ My first idea was to do ‘The Wheels on the Bus’ and make a little school bus with wheels that actually went around.


Then my brain went in a completely opposite direction (as it often does) and I decided on ‘White Rabbit’ by Jefferson Airplane. I came of age in hippie times and it was always one of my favorite songs. I even read the book, ‘Go Ask Alice’ by Beatrice Sparks while in high school.


Yes, this song did have meaning to me and yes, I did do drugs in my youth and early adult years. But I was fortunate to not get addicted and eventually had the intelligence to stop using them. I came out of it relatively healthy other than several years of seizure problems of which I have since been healed.
I no longer use drugs (other than prescription pain meds) and am against illegal drug use. I have seen enough lives ruined.


For my ATC card, I used a reference photo of a cottontail rabbit I saw last year while camping at a family reunion.


Cute bunny in the country

Cropped and flipped



I made a template by tracing the photo onto plastic mylar and cutting into a stencil (so that I can make more if I want). I enlarged the eye for my desired design.



Then I traced it onto watercolor paper and then used watercolor to create a tie-dye look. When the card was dry, I added the line drawing with a fine Staedtler marker. I was happy with it.



At first, I was a little disappointed when Grumbacher Fan Page posted the cards for #53 swap and mine wasn’t there. Oh well… at least it got me back creating. That was enough for me. BUT… seems there were others whose cards were missing…

So the wonderful person who handles the card exchange, Jen Cadran went on a search and found several that had made their way into the wrong mailbox. Yay for finding them! Everyone happy!

And about being happy… my exchange card arrived in today’s mail. I got Anne Donaldson’s ‘Girl on Fire’ which is a beautiful card! The photo online does not do the detail in it justice. Here is a link to her Facebook art page:



A pic of the card I got (with her permission):

Girl on Fire by Anne Donaldson

And to make it even more fun… she got mine! Very cool.





More links:

 

My Facebook art page 


and my photography page


Thanks for visiting!
Feel free to share!


Comments