Lake Mural – part one: Installation




Lake Mural – part one: Installation



I was commissioned in the winter of 2013 to paint a mural in a private home. I was provided reference photos of the family’s favorite vacation site, Tully Lake in New York State.





Since the home was a rental, I suggested a removable mural. I had experimented with the techniques on a small scale and was eager to try it out. The Pittman family thought it a great idea.

 

 

 


 

 

 

I attached muslin fabric to the wall with liquid starch and, after it dried, applied three coats of gesso primer. Then I sketched and painted.








I really enjoyed both painting and documenting the project. The most difficult part was working in a corner behind a wood stove.





Had missed the oars and added them in later.





The mural has held up very well over four years and the family has enjoyed having it.


My next post will be the removal. The Pittmans have bought their first home and have asked me to reinstall the picture in the new house. Stay tuned...

 

Comments

  1. What an exciting adventure! Love the mural.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment