A Garden Visit



Near my home town of Silverton, Oregon is a wonderful and magical place... The Oregon Garden. It was created fifteen years ago in 2002. I can remember when it was just brush and wetlands.
 
Now it is home to a wide selection of garden displays. Some are interactive and there is even a pet friendly garden complete with fire hydrant!











I currently live an hours' drive away but visit Silverton when I can and hope to come 'home' to live again someday. It is where my heart is.




Today I bought a membership so now I can go to the OR Gardens all I want (and take Mom too). For an introduction, the best way to begin is to take the tram ride. Our driver/guide Bill was fantastic and I regret not getting a photo of him. He actually stopped the tram, got off, and shook apple trees so that the fruits would be on the ground for the deer who visit... aw!



I plan to visit often, so be prepared for a lot more photos.
(Mom had fun too.)

KmB






Comments