Well Met by Moonlight




It had been a while since I had seen the moon. Oregon winter weather is usually composed of a lot of clouds, wind, and rain. But Luna has shown herself the last couple of nights and this time I ignored the cold and the pain and answered her call.

 

 



I grabbed my cameras and tripod and ran out to capture the beauty of the moon before the inevitable inclement weather returned to block the view.

 



It was worth it! I got some shots I have been wanting for a while. I have wanted to capture the light of the moon reflected in water. Winter is good for this with standing water in ponds and puddles. (It isn't so easy during the dryer summer conditions.)

 

 

Moon reflection on a puddle



It was quite cold and I foolishly didn't take time to wear mittens or hat... I didn't want to miss the opportunity.

Moon over the duck pond.



Yes... it hurt. My hands were cold and sore when I got in but I held them under warm water and took some meds. I am ok now, although it may be a long night. But as I said... it was worth it!

 



Comments