Eye of Frog











"Eye of newt, and toe of frog,
Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,
Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting,
Lizard's leg, and howlet's wing,--
For a charm of powerful trouble,
Like a hell-broth boil and bubble."

2nd Witch:  Macbeth (IV, i, 14-15)

I almost have all of these... here, where I live, there are the frogs, bats, dogs, worms, and owls. All I am missing are the newts, adders, and lizards. Fortunately for all of the critters, I have neither the  inclination (nor need) to mutilate any of them.




 


I have been taking a massive amount of photographs of the frogs in the nearby 'cement pond' and I have been feeling inspired to use them as subjects for my creativity.  I plan to use them for drawings and paintings.  My first project is to make mixed media frog eyes.




I started by forming marble sized orbs from polymer clay and baking them in my toaster oven.





I then marked them where I planned to paint.



Using different colors of nail polish, I used my own photographs as reference to paint the eyes.





 







I think they came out well. I plan to do more and make them into earrings and such. These shown were made to go in a jar and look creepy and cool. They will be listed for sale on my website very soon.


Comments

Post a Comment