A New Avenue

Pittman family with vintage car

 

I am on a new avenue in my artistic endeavour. It isn't really 'new' but in a way... it is...


Last week I was asked if I would consider doing a portrait photography session for a friend and her family. Every year they have informal and fun photos taken of them outdoors and the images are made into picture books. I was interested, but had not done portrait photography (other than family) for some years. 

 

I sent them some samples of my past work and offered a fair financial quote. So that my friends would know their options, I also provided a couple of links to professional portrait photographers I personally know. The Pittman family elected to use my services.

 

These are the samples I sent of my past work.



And here are a few of the best from the photo session:


Simila-Pittman family


We did the session at Andrea's parents' home which is located in the country with an incredible view (as you can see). 

 

 

They had plans of what they wanted and as we went along, I had my own ideas that we tried out. I was impressed that the girls held up without getting too hot or tired. The whole experience was fun. 

 

Pittman girls in tree
R&A Pittman


At home, I loaded the images on my computer, deleted the out-of-focus shots, resized, burned to a CD, and delivered it. I was very pleased that most of the images were usable and that many of them were quite good. Randy and Andrea are happy with them!

 

Pittman family kite flying
This image was taken after the session was finished. I was a distance away and zoomed in. Very sweet!



Now I am going to add 'Photographer' to my list of artistic services. I already have two potential clients interested and today I promised to photograph a friend's wedding later this year. 

 

 


This is yet another avenue for my creativity. A new path on my journey!

Comments