Show and Tell: Colors of White


Painting: Colors of White

 

I am working on a few paintings I have going right now. Nearly there... then I can begin more! I will be posting about them very soon. So while we wait, here is a favourite that has been (quite literally) hanging around...


Colors of White is an oil painting from an Intro to Painting class (Winter term 2009) while at university. The lesson was to learn how white objects reflect all the colors around them. All of the objects in the still life set-up appeared white, but there is no 'pure' white paint in the picture. Everything has color to it... just as in real life. I really enjoyed painting this and was very happy with how it turned out.

Painting: Colors of White


I didn't take very many progress photos of my painting projects in school and have none of this one. I was focused on painting.

 

 

Painting: Colors of White show

Colors of White was accepted into the juried 2009 Student Art Exhibit at Western Oregon University's Dan and Gail Cannon Gallery.


The painting is on 20”x24” gallery wrap canvas. It now hangs in my home and I am ready (I think) to let it go. It is available for purchase in my Etsy shop and is also available as professional art prints at FineArtAmerica.

Comments