December Days: 26 My Favourite Christmas Movies


 

I have been in the Christmas spirit and watching Christmas movies since mid-November. This is unusual for me but so-be-it I am having fun!

 

There are so many Christmas movies! Hallmark alone has probably made enough to watch end to end and go on until next Christmas. But here are a few of my favourite movies with a link to the best one of all.

I love:

 

1. All of the ones of Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol including the ones with the Muppets, Jim Carrey, and Mr. Magoo. Every Scrooge story I see becomes my new favourite. I think the 1935 version (starring Seymour Hicks) was done very well.




2. All the Santa Clause (with Tim Allen) movies, especially the first one.

 

 

 

3. Fred Claus. Saw it for the first time this year and I love it!




4. A Christmas Story, of course! LOVE the lamp! I don't have the DVD... yet!)  

 

5. The classics such as Miracle on 34th Street and It's a Wonderful Life



6. So many more...

But, so far, my all-time favourite is...

 The Nativity Story (with Keisha Castle-Hughes from Whale Rider - another must-see!) This movie is so well done that I cry at the end every time regardless of having watched it several times AND knowing the original story by heart by age five!

The screenplay was written by Mike Rich, a local man from Portland.


Here it is on YouTube:

 




Note: all images on this post were 'borrowed' from the internet.

Comments