101 Things: What Art Means to Me

Photo: Dani Mouser
In my old studio

Art is inside me

It is all around me

It is my voice

It speaks to me

 

 

Photo: Dani Mouser
Me, the artist

 

Here I am. This is a list of what art means to me. It is in no particular order and by no means complete.

Cobalt

Tracing paper

Charcoal

Studio

Colour wheel

Akua inks

Photographs

Index cards

Carbon paper

Nails

Paint brushes

Canvas

Pencils

Models

My  new Speedball brayerBrayer

I-pod

Books

Scanner

Frames

Light box

Silk screen

Gelatin

Drawing

Painting

Dreaming

Blogging

Galleries

Thriftstore dolls

Dolls

Mat board

Mat cutter

Pigments

Alizarin

Cadmium

Titanium

Plexiglas

Varnish

Acrylic

Muller

Gesso

Army men toys

Army men

Liquid starch

Walnuts

Oak galls

Skeletons

Eggs

Glue

Wire

Thread

Yellow

Dyes

Oil paints

Grape seed oil

Mortar, pestle, and muller

Mortar & pestle

Computer

Printer

Wax

Water

Paper

Sienna

Sander

Coffee

Faith

Folklore

Lamp

Easel

Apron

Umber

Facebook

Internet

Double selfie

Cameras

Family

Tape

Pastels

Drill

Felt

Fels naptha

Gum arabic

Canson paper

Grumbacher

My studio printing

Acetate

Enamel pots

Wooden spoons

Heat gun

Markers

Rags

Mylar

C-clamps

Erasers

File folders

Photo emulsion

Lamp black

Baking soda

Clay

Foam core board

Drawing boards

Portfolio cases

Painting Polar Bear

Watercolours

Tissue paper

Liquin

Sepia

Friends



Photographs of me in my studio were taken by Dani Mouser. See the wonderful work on her website at www.danimouser.com

Comments

  1. Now I understand what is in your art world. I often see photos of the end product which is incredible, and this gives a glimpse of what might contribute to your imagination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you much! You 'got it'!

      Delete
    2. I love this blog post. It helps people to understand, if only just a little, what actually goes into creating a great art piece. And, I love your visual affects along the way during the blog. Keep up the great work! I am looking forward to your next blog post!

      Delete

Post a Comment