ATC: Birds

 

 

Time for another post about the artist trading card exchange at Grumbacher - Official Fanpage on Facebook.

This time the theme was 'Birds'

 

I had a few ideas but eventually settled on a new technique I had been wanting to try. I like the idea of cutting away the negative space on an overall design, so decided to try it with this card.

 



I made sketches of birds using some of my regular visitors. I have a lot of photographs I have been taking here where I live.  

 

 

 

 

 

 
Pattern

Color plan




 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I then transferred it to Bristol board and trimmed away the unwanted bits. 

The color was done with liquid acrylics.  

 

 

Here is a picture of the card in the moonlight...

 

I am looking forward to seeing all the submissions. Grumbacher hasn't posted them yet because they had more arrive for this than the others. It will be a lot of work to process it all. Also, as seen on their FB page, they are busy with fun events. I sure wish I were there but I am on the wrong side of the country. Maybe I should see about being a West Coast rep!?

To see posts about my previous cards just type ATC in the search box to the right.

UPDATE 2016-03-11: The results were posted HERE this morning and they are all wonderful! I can't wait to see which one I get. 

 

Please 'Follow' me on the Networked Blogs box on the right --->


Comments